Prediabetes Pre-diabetes

Barbara93

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Strange things are a happening
Hi there
Diagnosed hypothyroid in 2016,menopause year later. Developed anxiety 4 years ago out of the blue. Never felt well since. HBa1c since 2017 have been lowest 32 highest 42. Weight constant 7st 6 ish for last 4 years. My last HBa1c was 53 prior to which I had been feeling poorly nausea fatigued, blurred vision, just not myself. I lowered my carbs to about 30g per meal. No bread, pasta, or sweet treats. My HBa1c 2 weeks later was 37. Which you guys will know is strange. I have been checking my BS since 2020 (not every day) morning BS are 5.6 or 5.8 Lowest 5.1. After meals high 5s or low 7s. I have asked my GP to refer me to the same consultant as I see for my thyroid and he has agreed. No family history of diabetes, always been small but had 2 babies 4.2kg but they didn’t check you for gest diabetes in those days. I have learnt a lot on here thank you. I have been watching what I eat for 10/
52 and thought I would feel better but I only feel moderately better. Less nausea at least. I have read about LADA. I exercised by walking and yoga
Any ideas on how long it takes to feel better?

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Strange things are a happening
Hi there
Diagnosed hypothyroid in 2016,menopause year later. Developed anxiety 4 years ago out of the blue. Never felt well since. HBa1c since 2017 have been lowest 32 highest 42. Weight constant 7st 6 ish for last 4 years. My last HBa1c was 53 prior to which I had been feeling poorly nausea fatigued, blurred vision, just not myself. I lowered my carbs to about 30g per meal. No bread, pasta, or sweet treats. My HBa1c 2 weeks later was 37. Which you guys will know is strange. I have been checking my BS since 2020 (not every day) morning BS are 5.6 or 5.8 Lowest 5.1. After meals high 5s or low 7s. I have asked my GP to refer me to the same consultant as I see for my thyroid and he has agreed. No family history of diabetes, always been small but had 2 babies 4.2kg but they didn’t check you for gest diabetes in those days. I have learnt a lot on here thank you. I have been watching what I eat for 10/
52 and thought I would feel better but I only feel moderately better. Less nausea at least. I have read about LADA. I exercised by walking and yoga
Any ideas on how long it takes to feel better?
There's something going on that's not right. No-one on here can or should try to diagnose - all I'd say is that based on my own experience low-carb will bring your BG down rapidly - you already know that - but it doesn't mean that your symptoms will vanish. When did you have the A1c reading of 53? I've been in the "normal range" for 18months now and still have (much reduced) symptoms.

I think you need to follow through with that referral.

Barbara93

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Kenny
Thanks for replying. My A1c reading of 53 was July 21. Two weeks later it was 37!!
Just got told (by receptionist) that it’s normal now no need to see GP. I know this is not normal and my morning BS remain 5.6 with the highest 6.3. The blurred vision has stopped, but just before lunch or evening meal I feel funny, faint etc just not good. My BP is low always has been 90/50 so that probably adds to it.
My worst time is when I wake in the morning, feel agitated, worrying thoughts, tinnitus plays up. Some mornings very nauseous and that can last for whole day.
Good news is I’ve finally (after talking to my GP) been referred to diabetic team appointment is middle of November.
How do you feel in mornings? Is that the worst time for you? I’m worried I have LADA and need insulin. Don’t know how I would cope with my anxiety as well. Good to read about others here