Pre diabetic or not?

Hodge1960

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, my blood test came back for my hypertension review, my Hba1c result came back as abnormal.. 44mml, GO has put no further action... so I go along with this diagnosis. I have looked at the chart on here and it says 42- 47 is pre diabetic. Any advice would be most welcome.
Thank you.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Prediabetic isn’t a specific diagnosis, yet! Far too many drs ignore it, probably because they are the same ones that believe its progressive and there’s not much to be done. They are wrong and imo negligent. Sadly a lot of us weren’t told either til too late.

Same answer I gave to this same question earlier today - Fundementally it is a scale from metabolically healthy to full blown diabetes. There’s no magic switch at one number verses the one next to it. And it’s definitely better the further down the scale you are regardless of any formal category wherever you live. So take this as advance warning and make some changes now to move yourself along the scale in the right direction. Less sugar, fewer carbs especially grain type ones as opposed to veg ones and more filling meals to mean fewer feeding times a day And be as active as you are able.

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, my blood test came back for my hypertension review, my Hba1c result came back as abnormal.. 44mml, GO has put no further action... so I go along with this diagnosis. I have looked at the chart on here and it says 42- 47 is pre diabetic.
hi, if you have a blood test monitor, you can keep a food diary to find which foods spike you too high.
Reduce your sugar, carbs and starchy veg.
Reduce your portion size.
Increase your exercise.
Increase your protein, good fats, water.
Educate yourself on how carbs impact your higher than normal blood glucose levels.

Have a look at dietdoctor.com. And our low carb forum.

best wishes

Reactions: Hodge1960

Hodge1960

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi, if you have a blood test monitor, you can keep a food diary to find which foods spike you too high.
Reduce your sugar, carbs and starchy veg.
Reduce your portion size.
Increase your exercise.
Increase your protein, good fats, water.
Educate yourself on how carbs impact your higher than normal blood glucose levels.

Have a look at dietdoctor.com. And our low carb forum.

best wishes
Thank you for your advice x

Hodge1960

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Prediabetic isn’t a specific diagnosis, yet! Far too many drs ignore it, probably because they are the same ones that believe its progressive and there’s not much to be done. They are wrong and imo negligent. Sadly a lot of us weren’t told either til too late.

Same answer I gave to this same question earlier today - Fundementally it is a scale from metabolically healthy to full blown diabetes. There’s no magic switch at one number verses the one next to it. And it’s definitely better the further down the scale you are regardless of any formal category wherever you live. So take this as advance warning and make some changes now to move yourself along the scale in the right direction. Less sugar, fewer carbs especially grain type ones as opposed to veg ones and more filling meals to mean fewer feeding times a day And be as active as you are able.
Thank you for the information.