Pre Diebeties

bigladneast

I went for a normal routine health check and I was told I was pre diebetic with a reading of 44, I am 35 yes old 6ft 3 male 14st 13 lb

I adopted the Newcastle diet for 3 weeks and dropped 10lb and reversed my HBCA1 reading to 37

Am I now still classed as pre diebetic and st high risk of developing diebeties?

Spoke to the dibetic nurse and she said no specific diet just everything in moderation

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @bigladneast. Well done on reducing your HbA1c from 44 to 37 in just 3 weeks, and on the weight reduction.
The NHS guidance is that non-diabetic levels are below 42, pre-diabetic is 42-47, and diabetic is 48 and above.
So you would now be in the non-diabetic range. But as your DN says you should watch what you eat and drink if you want to avoid your HbA1c rising again.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on the fast reduction. Do you have a testing kit? I would suggest you monitor your blood sugars for a week or so. Make a food diary and log your readings. That will give you a really good idea of how good your insulin resistance is.