Pre

bigladneast

how easy would it be to turn around a reading of 44 ?

I was test at this in July if I got for a test 3month after would it drop significantly if I have changed diet

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you using a glucose meter to check the effect of your food? Have you cut back on carbs?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I was test at this in July if I got for a test 3month after would it drop significantly if I have changed diet

Depends what you change the way of eating to I guess... but yes it should be fairly possible. Mine went from 87 to 45 over a 3 month period then from 45 to 27 over a 6 month period.
All on my favourite ketogenic diet with some intermittent fasting.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
44? Very do-able in a three month period on the right regime for you.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is very do-able, but once done, that is where the hard work really starts - keeping it there and avoiding pitfalls such as complacency and returning to old habits. :)

Reactions: ReversingT2

bigladneast

Wouldn’t know as the test looks over a 3 month average lost 3lb of weight in first week.

I do think my reading of 44 was due to high stress and a period of eating a load of ****

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We generally self test using a glucose meter. We are intolerant to carbs. Using the meter shows us what food we can eat and what we can't.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

It will depend on a number of factors, but there are many posters on the forum who have turned their T2D around from a much much higher starting point, and achieved it in a reasonably short time.

Me 88 to 32 in 3 months, plus over 3 stone lost, and if I can do it anyone can.

Reactions: Prem51

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went from 91 to 47 in 80 days on low carb, and then normal at 6 months. No trouble.

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
It is very do-able, but once done, that is where the hard work really starts - keeping it there and avoiding pitfalls such as complacency and returning to old habits. :)
That's what I have found! Very easily reduced my hba1c from 62 to 39 in 4 months but now over 2 years since diagnosis I have had struggles... Just yanking it back again from about 52...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wouldn’t know as the test looks over a 3 month average lost 3lb of weight in first week.

I do think my reading of 44 was due to high stress and a period of eating a load of ****
So you aren't testing yourself at home.. would have been a useful measure to see how severe calorie restriction was working in bringing your blood sugar down. Unfortunately we and you won't know until you have finished which may be a bit less optimal.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
May I ask what you plan to do after ND? It has been said that the follow on from ND is portion control i.e 30% smaller portions (which, as has been pointed out to me recently, is 30% less satiety) for the rest of your life.