Pregnancy And Vitrectomy. Type1.

doulaalyj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Meat.
Anyone have any advice and encouragement about vitrectomy while pregnant? We are TTC #2 and I may need a vitrectomy.

Looking for positivity, as I'm already a pretty logical over-thinker :(

I currently have had a pretty severe vitreous hemorrhage back in December of 2015, which has still yet to fully absorb. My doctor isn't saying it is emergent, just would like to do vitrectomy so that when I'm pregnant, it's less to worry about.

However, even with insurance and financial assistance, we can't afford surgery right now. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi @doulaalyj and welcome to the forum :)

There is a lady on the forum who had a vitrectomy operation whilst pregnant but her name escapes me, if I remember I'll include a tag to her in my post.

In the mean-time have a look at the following article, it explains what a vitrectomy operation involves and what you can expect post-surgery:

http://www.diabeticretinopathy.org.uk/vitreous_hemorrhage.html

Just remembered the members name, tagging @the_anticarb in the hope that they'll see your thread and reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

doulaalyj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Meat.
Thank you! That thread is what actually caused me to create a profile! And I contacted Emily Price, but looks like she hasn't been active here since 17 weeks ago! Hoping she responds. Her story was very encouraging:)

doulaalyj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Meat.
Hi @doulaalyj and welcome to the forum :)

There is a lady on the forum who had a vitrectomy operation whilst pregnant but her name escapes me, if I remember I'll include a tag to her in my post.

In the mean-time have a look at the following article, it explains what a vitrectomy operation involves and what you can expect post-surgery:

http://www.diabeticretinopathy.org.uk/vitreous_hemorrhage.html

Just remembered the members name, tagging @the_anticarb in the hope that they'll see your thread and reply.
Thank you so much for your help!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I haven't seen @Emilyprice for quite a while :(
she got the noctura mask after we started speaking--

it must be tough with needing an operation but not having the funding available to go ahead
just sending you hugs [[[[[hugs]]]]]