Pressure King Pro v IP

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apart from the £40 price difference does either have an advantage over the other?

Not sure whether I might go for an ordinary pressure cooker.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@xfieldok I know @shelley262 tried at least one other option before settling for the IP. Hopefully she’ll be along to let you know which.

And @DCUKMod is the fount of all knowledge when it comes to the IP.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apart from the £40 price difference does either have an advantage over the other?

Not sure whether I might go for an ordinary pressure cooker.
Hi I did go for a non ip option first time as it was cheaper - can’t now remember which one - it was an electric pressure cooker but It didn’t work so it got sent back! There was then an offer on an ip so went for it never regretted it even take it with me to mums on planned visits with car and to self catering cottages. Depends what type of things you like cooking and how important speed is. I do have a slow cooker too which I’ve held on to and do still use!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks both. The number of functions can put me off a lot. Don't need a rice cooker, slow cooking can be done in a low oven etc etc. With the pups coming soon, bone broth will likely be a weekly event. 4 hours in a pressure cooker sounds a whole lot better than 24! They will be made into ***** bears for treats and I will need a lot!

Soups and stews can be done so much faster than in a saucepan and with less attention. Bearing in mind I have very little room in my kitchen for new gadgets, I am leaning more and more to a normal pressure cooker.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks both. The number of functions can put me off a lot. Don't need a rice cooker, slow cooking can be done in a low oven etc etc. With the pups coming soon, bone broth will likely be a weekly event. 4 hours in a pressure cooker sounds a whole lot better than 24! They will be made into ***** bears for treats and I will need a lot!

Soups and stews can be done so much faster than in a saucepan and with less attention. Bearing in mind I have very little room in my kitchen for new gadgets, I am leaning more and more to a normal pressure cooker.

I started looking when my slow-cooker inner pot developed a through and through crack, so had to go. If I was having a big thing, it had to be a big thing that did more than one thing.

One of my non-negotiable was the stainless steel inner pot, as I didn't fancy the thing being like- limited by the non-stick coating. The IP comes with a stainless, but some have bought a spare ceramic lined pot, but I haven't found the need yet.

I use few of the function buttons, although, being a lazy sort, things,like the Meat setting are used for casseroles, just because it's easy!

The IP was reduced to £90 recently, but I see its gone back up again, to £100.

I,have zero regrets with the IP. @Brunneria is another poster, although she has the really biggie!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started looking when my slow-cooker inner pot developed a through and through crack, so had to go. If I was having a big thing, it had to be a big thing that did more than one thing.

One of my non-negotiable was the stainless steel inner pot, as I didn't fancy the thing being like- limited by the non-stick coating. The IP comes with a stainless, but some have bought a spare ceramic lined pot, but I haven't found the need yet.

I use few of the function buttons, although, being a lazy sort, things,like the Meat setting are used for casseroles, just because it's easy!

The IP was reduced to £90 recently, but I see its gone back up again, to £100.

I,have zero regrets with the IP. @Brunneria is another poster, although she has the really biggie!
Thanks, that is useful info. There are only the two of us and the pups land in 10 days (yay!), I use bone broth when fasting and the pups will have bone broth (but a different type). Casserols, stews and soup are fine. When I do bone broth for myself, I start with an 11 ltr stock pot and reduce it down to virtually nothing (for strong taste and storage purposes), so I wouldn't need anything huge if I can get similar results. I note what you say about the non stick coating. I also read some of the reviews where it was coming off in a relatively short time. I will try and keep an eye out for a bargain!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ordered the 6qt IP today. Not ordering accessories just yet, will have a root around the cupboards and see what I already have.

Thanks for the input, it helped a lot.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ordered the 6qt IP today. Not ordering accessories just yet, will have a root around the cupboards and see what I already have.

Thanks for the input, it helped a lot.

I don't have many accessories that are IP only.

I bought a slightly taller trivet, which is good, but I thought it was going to be taller than it actually is. The other thing is a couple of stainless steel bowls, for doing pot-in-pot options.

I'd say you're doing the right thing waiting, before any more "bits".

Enjoy!!

(Just wait until you discover ribs......)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Arggggh forgot about the ribs!

And don't forget to save the bones for "The Bone Bag". Of course, that all sounds very posh, but in my life, this is just a poly bag in the freezer where bones, cleared of meat, live, in a sort of pre-broth state. :)

Reactions: xfieldok

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually, I've been chuckling at my pre-broth remark. (OK, it's not the done thing to laugh at ones own humour, but hey ho.....)

@xfieldok - if your new hound let's are anything like @Brunneria 's pair, the cooking water, from the bottom of the pot, with the drips and steamed flavours will be a big hit.

It is heard @Brunneria 's hounds favourite dish is ribs.

:D

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually, I've been chuckling at my pre-broth remark. (OK, it's not the done thing to laugh at ones own humour, but hey ho.....)

@xfieldok - if your new hound let's are anything like @Brunneria 's pair, the cooking water, from the bottom of the pot, with the drips and steamed flavours will be a big hit.

It is heard @Brunneria 's hounds favourite dish is ribs.

:D
Tibetan terriers, cousins to @brunnerias Lhasa Apsos. Should be a bit bigger and hairier when we pick them up on the 18th. Will practice the ribs so we can feed them right when they land
aviary-image-1550493260070.jpeg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tibetan terriers, cousins to @brunnerias Lhasa Apsos. Should be a bit bigger and hairier when we pick them up on the 18th. Will practice the ribs so we can feed them right when they land View attachment 31756

Tibetans are lovely. At least your two should be easy enough to tell apart. :)

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And they will be spoiled rotten. Got the gelatin and ***** bear moulds. I am set to go

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tibetan terriers, cousins to @brunnerias Lhasa Apsos. Should be a bit bigger and hairier when we pick them up on the 18th. Will practice the ribs so we can feed them right when they land View attachment 31756

:D:D:D And a bit of :woot::nailbiting::wideyed:

Two at once!?!?!
You brave brave woman.

I’m going to need pics. LOTS of pics.

Mine are now 6 and 4 yrs. it has been a long time since we had true puppy mayhem. Though they have never really grown up...

Ribs are a fave. Raw of course.
And they think unsalted IP bone broth is the nectar of the gods, don’t they @Chook ? :)

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Brunneria do you feed raw? When they land I will start a thread on the other bit of the forum, you will get loads of pics

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:D yes to the raw. Raw Prey Model. We buy it frozen and then defrost as necessary.

But I would never feed cooked bones, because they can splinter and then either choke them or perforate their gut (I am sure you know this already, but just saying it for anyone who doesn't :) ) so we get our bones from the butchers, or Morrisons (who are now doing meaty lamb bones for stewing).

Actually, to be fair, the IP will soften bones so much that they can often be cut with a knife, after the broth is made. So I am sure they would be safe for the mutts. But old habits die hard, and I am just programmed to not give them cooked bones. So they get the broth as jelly topper on their food - and love it.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
:D:D:D And a bit of :woot::nailbiting::wideyed:

Two at once!?!?!
You brave brave woman.

I’m going to need pics. LOTS of pics.

Mine are now 6 and 4 yrs. it has been a long time since we had true puppy mayhem. Though they have never really grown up...

Ribs are a fave. Raw of course.
And they think unsalted IP bone broth is the nectar of the gods, don’t they @Chook ? :)

Yes, they do - it's great for tempting a poorly dog's appetite.

Puppy mayhem? I must be the only person that doesn't enjoy the puppy phase. Mine are 10 ( yellow Labrador), nearly 6 (Labradoodle) and 3 (black Labrador) and the 3 y/o has only just stopped chewing and generally behaving like a wayward teenager.

Mine have normal dog food but with the addition of offal twice a week and a meaty raw bone on Saturdays.

Reactions: xfieldok

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have the PKP and it works just fine. I use slow cooker liners in mine so no washing up :) I'm on a PK forum and there did seem to be a lot of people with issues on the PKP, but that may just seem the case as it was a forum and you heard more. They all work the same way. Mine doesn't get used a lot but it is good for soup and gammon joints etc. I cook everything on steam as the only difference on the pre sets I think is the default cook time. I never use the slow cook function as I hear it's not so great. I did make rice pudding once and it was so good.

I like that fact the electric one are quiet too. The Ninja Foodie looks very good too.... it's a multi cooker.