Price of strips

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found a few reports from 2010 on this meter on a USA diet forum and post 13 reports that this range of meters* are supplied by
SolarTek, a subsidiary of the MediSense division of Abbott Laboratories, markets it exclusively through Wal-Mart

Shame the ReliOn is being marketed in the UK as, together with the Codefree, it could maybe force the other makers to reduce the prices of their strips.

http://www.diabetesdaily.com/forum/test ... o-tested-2

* http://relion.com/diabetes/blood-glucose-testing

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The cheapest delivered price for CodeFree is £6.49. Yes, a good price.

But to have a couple of providers in the market would be helpful and mitigate against upward price drift.

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
sterling said:
The cheapest delivered price for CodeFree is £6.49. Yes, a good price.

But to have a couple of providers in the market would be helpful and mitigate against upward price drift.
If you use the eBay site to order your strips then you only pay the one £2.00 P&P. So if you buy more than one pack of strips the price per pack drops below £6.49.

I have just sent an email to ReliOn asking if they have any plans to supply the ReliOn® Prime in the UK. I will post their reply on this thread if I get one.

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well ReliOn are on their toes. Just got a reply to my email.

Jo,
Thank you for contacting ReliOn® Customer Service. At this time, we have no plans for international distribution of ReliOn products.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,
ReliOn® Customer Service

Pity. :(

andybob

Maybe if a lot of us send emails to ReliOn they may get the idean that their products could be a success - especially if they worked with Walmart to get it into Asda in this country! just below this message there is a message re test strips that has 1477 views imagine 1477 emails to ReliOn over a few days!!!!

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Paul_c said:
hallii said:
Codefree strips £4.99 for 50 on ebay.

Why would we want to pay more?

H

I'm paying £13.75 for 100 strips post free and VAT free from Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006B8JNB2/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I trust Amazon far more that I do eBay and paypal... I refuse to create a paypal account.

If you use Ebay for the Codefree you deal directly with exactly the same supplier as the one you can access through Amazon The only difference is the overall charges. You do not have to use PayPal.

Through eBay 100 strips cost £11.98, 200 strips £21.96 both including UK p&p (Amazon would cost £27.50 for 200 strips)

Going direct to the supplier can be even cheaper as the strips cost £11.75 for 100 and £20.99 for 200 with free UK delivery.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Hobs said:
Here is the meter and strips Walmart intend to supply:-
http://www.relion.com/diabetes/blood-gl ... lion-prime

As it is bound to be a success, I wonder if ASDA will put them on sale over here :shifty:
Well I was discussing this meter with my local drug dealer, sorry, pharmacist in Asda and he was shocked at the price differential, and is now going to bring it up as a new line idea so there is now another pressure avenue :twisted:

Defren

FergusCrawford said:
Hobs said:
Here is the meter and strips Walmart intend to supply:-
http://www.relion.com/diabetes/blood-gl ... lion-prime

As it is bound to be a success, I wonder if ASDA will put them on sale over here :shifty:
Well I was discussing this meter with my local drug dealer, sorry, pharmacist in Asda and he was shocked at the price differential, and is now going to bring it up as a new line idea so there is now another pressure avenue :twisted:

Well done that man!! The price of strips is just stupid. It's ok for those who can afford to buy the amount they want/need, but making people who can't afford them have to play Russian roulette with their health, more so in the early days after diagnosis is outrageous!

I rarely test now, but used to test FBG before all meal and then 2 hours postprandial, then a last test at bedtime. I did have to buy my own strips initially, then my GP funded unlimited strips, now I get 50 a month on prescription. I have recently bought a job lot of strips, added to my prescription strips, I won't need any for quite some time, I realise I am extremely fortunate to be able to do this, many can't.