Prime Minister And Libre

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The Prime minister obviously appreciates the long term benefits of the Libre Capture, what a shame she doesn’t recognise those benefits for the people that elected her, never mind more blindness and amputations equal more benefits. How has she got the nerve to wear clothes that show it off in public.
Come on everyone come to France and all type 1’s and 2’s get a pump and Libre Capture, looking after the future of all diabetics, instead of standing there and shouting that people are diabetic because they are fat! Giving a health service attitude that it’s their fault, lose weight!!
I’d like nothing more than to move to France, but if we lose freedom of movement and reciprocal healthcare next year (thanks to TM), I’m stuck here.

Shreddy_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I used the form on this website to lobby my MP about FSL not being available on prescription in my CCG, and he responded to thank me for contacting him about supporting children with diabetes in schools. I don’t think he read my mail properly!

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’d like nothing more than to move to France, but if we lose freedom of movement and reciprocal healthcare next year (thanks to TM), I’m stuck here.
All your rights as a EU citizen will be taken away

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used the form on this website to lobby my MP about FSL not being available on prescription in my CCG, and he responded to thank me for contacting him about supporting children with diabetes in schools. I don’t think he read my mail properly!
I just write to mine to annoy him.

hodders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can still see where I had my sensors from 3 months ago. She has obviously decided not to cover up this condition or what the treatment leaves behind. Good for her. Whatever the politics of it all (and let’s face it there is a shed load) the more exposure of the technology the better.
Can still see my previous sites too must be the sun as well that we don't get to see too often. I agree with you whatever our politics, she is diabetic like us. I suppose I felt a sense of oneness that Mrs May didn't feel the need to cover her sensor up and wore it with a sense of pride. And as my Libre is nhs funded am I must be privileged though it was a huge trial to get it approved.

K

Knikki

Mrs May wears a Libre.

Great, I don't have an problems with.

Many on here seem to be getting all hot and bothered about it but lets take a step back and look at it from a different angle.

Do we know how she got the sensor?
Is it self funded? Well her and her husband are not short of a bob or two so possible.
Is it on prescription? don't know and no one on here appears to know either.
Is it provided free by Abbots as a way of getting recognised? again no one knows.
Does she have private health care which recommended the device? again no one seems to know this but as PM I suspect she does have access to this.

Why is she not singing it praises?

I have not seen anything on here or around where she has been interviewed about it, what she thinks about it or how good she thinks it is. So jury out on this.

Maybe she asked Jeremy Hunt about funding them? Well Mr Hunt is probably the last person to ask.

Considering what is currently going on in British, European politics at the moment not to mention the the great orange one from the colonies, I think the last thing on Mrs Mays' mind is to start pushing how wonderful Libre is and we all should have one.

Sorry it is just the way it is and I said earlier it maybe the best way to control her diabetes in the job she does.

And before you all jump up and down and start saying "I could do a better job" the answer is you couldn't because if you could you would be an MP and not here on the forum jumping up and down.

And this is where it will hurt.

The thing is we are all just numbers and costs on a spread sheet and at the moment Libre is expensive and some argue not accurate plus the technology also fails a fair bit.
So finger pricks? They are reliable, they are cheap, they are accurate, so this make things on the balance sheet more acceptable to the suits that run the NHS.

By all means hassle your MP and the PM but until the balance sheets say that it is a cost effective way to mange diabetes or the technology become cheaper/reliable then it will be an up hill struggle for people to get it on the NHS.

Reactions: becca59

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How do you know if a politician's lying?

Their lips move :p

Reactions: Dodo

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have a letter from her Private Secretary to me thanking me for bringing the Libre system to her (the P.M.) attention, she was unaware of it but would "look in to it" Seems that she did and now uses it.

Reactions: becca59 and kev-w