Priority electrical supply

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happened to be talking to my electric supplier EON yesterday who wanted to update my records. Cut a long story short turns out because I store insulin in fridge I'm a priority customer which means they'll let me know asap if supply problems and arrange alternative cold storage if appropriate. Just thought others, like me, may not be aware and might benefit from registering with supplier.

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Col101 great you found that out I've never really thought about what would happen if we had electrical problems I will certainly check this out thanks for post.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The priority register also applies for any one with a disability, heart problems, home kidney dialysis, CPAP machines and more health concerns that I can list here so for anyone who relies on their heating and electric supply for whatever health reason should contact their energy supplier and get put on it.............just in case.......

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use a CPAP machine and since informing my supplier there have been no more midnight blackouts.
A couple of times when up late I find that we are the only house in the street with power, as our supply is routed through the back garden to a different circuit.

Reactions: CJOtter

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Your local Distribution Company ie: Western Distribution also keep a Priority Register its worth going on this one too as if you change energy suppliers it will negate the need to go through all the hassle of re-registering your needs.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I use a CPAP machine and since informing my supplier there have been no more midnight blackouts.
A couple of times when up late I find that we are the only house in the street with power, as our supply is routed through the back garden to a different circuit.

Do forgive me but when I first read this I read it a **** machine and thought "that's a bit harsh!"!!
I laughed but it did make me google what a CPAP machine is and found out its for sleep apnia.

Tony

Reactions: Medusa41

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do forgive me but when I first read this I read it a **** machine and thought "that's a bit harsh!"!!
I laughed but it did make me google what a CPAP machine is and found out its for sleep apnia.

Tony
It is known as the snozzelizer 'in house' - great for giving a good nights sleep.