Probably not the best result

catephoenix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel like poo. Had a blip last night and, knowing we were ordering Domino's for friends coming round tonight ( just chicken wings for me) I went a liitle mad at work - tuna salad ( yay!), two Cadbury Twirls, packet of Walkers Crisps, 8 Milk Tray chocolates. Got in 5 mins ago, checked blood - 4.9. ***!

Shouldn't have checked. Imaging my sugars were through the roof would have kept me on the straight and narrow. Meanwhile, Ryvita makes me spike. :bookworm:

Although, despite an excellent result I feel sick. Serves me right.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
Could the fat in the chocolate, plus the fat in the crisps, have delayed the digestion of these? Maybe check again in an hour and let us know what the result is?

I bet you enjoyed the chocolate - I know I would have done ;) Sorry you feel yuck now, though. Hope you feel OK very soon ;)

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Massive spike followed by a crashing low. Happens to me if I'm low carb adapted and go on a chocolate and junk bender too.

Reactions: Freema

catephoenix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Could the fat in the chocolate, plus the fat in the crisps, have delayed the digestion of these? Maybe check again in an hour and let us know what the result is?

I bet you enjoyed the chocolate - I know I would have done ;) Sorry you feel yuck now, though. Hope you feel OK very soon ;)
Interesting. Will do.

catephoenix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 at 45 minutes after first result and now at anothe 45 minutes later I'm at 5.0.