Problems with Dawn phenomona

Bassiette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
Hi guys i got problems with Dawn phenomona in middle of night my BG got high with no reason and after i wake by 2-3 hours it reach to normal level i tested my fasting BG it was 125 105 135 mg/dl for 3 continuous days
So anyone face this problem and how to solve it

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
it is a quite normal phenomenon, seems it is the liver producing glucose from stores and proteins .

some use liverblocking ... @ickihun knows a lot of it
@ickihun

doyoutakesugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys,

I also have this issue, though I experience a rise early in the morning, around anywhere from 7.30-9.00am. Recurring blood glucose reading during this time window appears to be anywhere from 9 -- 12.9

I take my basal insulin anywhere from 8.30pm to 10.00pm. Morning basal injection is given approximately 30 mins after I wake (taken around 8.00am-8.30am).

I am on 12 units of Levemir in the morning, 13 units in the evening. Any advice on curbing this notoriously tricky rise?

Best, A.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Let me tag @donnellysdogs as I think she has experience of nuisance rises in the morning.

I try to eat asap and use an advance bolus and that helps my DP and Waking Rise.

isjoberg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys,

I also have this issue, though I experience a rise early in the morning, around anywhere from 7.30-9.00am. Recurring blood glucose reading during this time window appears to be anywhere from 9 -- 12.9

I take my basal insulin anywhere from 8.30pm to 10.00pm. Morning basal injection is given approximately 30 mins after I wake (taken around 8.00am-8.30am).

I am on 12 units of Levemir in the morning, 13 units in the evening. Any advice on curbing this notoriously tricky rise?

Best, A.
How long before bed do you eat last? And do you know if your blood sugar is constant up until then?

Bassiette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
I think my lantus is not effective at all today was 181 mg/dl i think the pharmacist has tricked with bad pack or something
For this week bg at morning 124 121 135 141 145 181 i need new lantus package

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think my lantus is not effective at all today was 181 mg/dl i think the pharmacist has tricked with bad pack or something
For this week bg at morning 124 121 135 141 145 181 i need new lantus package

That's pretty worrying if you genuinely believe you've been given a bad batch of Lantus. :wideyed:

doyoutakesugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
How long before bed do you eat last? And do you know if your blood sugar is constant up until then?

I usually have dinner around 7-8pm. I might have a snack around 10pm, though this is infrequent. It is usually fine before bed, anywhere between 5-7.