1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Prostate

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Pura Vida, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Pura Vida

Pura Vida Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I watched this video that claimed that high fat diet could cause enlarged prostate or even cancer .
    your thoughts ?

2. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

No video to watch, but a routine PSA blood test for men will pick both conditions up early.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. catinahat

catinahat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I don't consider my diet to be high fat, I just have the natural fat that is in meat/fish, a little butter on my veg, maybe some olive oil dressing on salad's. It's what we evolved to eat so pretty normal really. Anyway you can find articles and videos claiming anything and everything will kill you, eventually something will.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. jaywak

jaywak Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I bet the risk goes up a lot if you watch Eastenders !

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

The Mayo clinic some time ago did a study that found an association between men who were obese had higher prevalence of BPH. At the time the cure for obesity was to eat Low Fat. Their current website confirms this dietary advice for prostate treatment..

7. zand

zand Type 2 · Master

I am wondering if the video refers to High Fat Low Carb or merely high fat? If it's the latter then my guess would be that it's the standard 50/50 fat/carbs diet which causes the problem. Like I said though only a guess.

8. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

This is one of the educational stories on this website:
    upload_2022-1-10_10-18-59.png
    Yet the Keto guru's claim cognitive decline on this type of diet. Fibre is meant to help stoles, Paul Mason and others reference studies that show the opposite.

I tend to look at common sense and what has worked across the globe for millennia and cross reference that with the dietary / health outcomes.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think the main cause is aging, we are living longer than some organs can cope with. Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia affects about 50 percent of men between the ages of 51 and 60 and up to 90 percent of men older than 80.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Pura Vida

Pura Vida Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your replies.in am 80 have been on hflc for 7 years with no prostatic problems.

11. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You are lucky to be in the 10% . I am not so fortunate, I have followed a low carb diet for over 6 years but I doubt it is anything to do with diet anyway.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook