Protein intake

JamesPo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Guys quick 1 I follow the keto low carb life 20g carb and 110g protein with 122g fat

My question is
If I'm training and have a protein shake after do I count that as 20g of protein intake or is that an extra so do I intake 110g inc my shake or is it excluding my shake

I train 3 times a week so does it mean I have 110g a day and no extra on training days

Do I have 130g protein on my training days ??
Please help

JamesPo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'd say, yes: you count the shake. I guess you're asking if the training "consumes" the protein so that you don't need to count it, but I don't think that's the case. At least, not in a way that you'll notice more right after training than at any other time when consuming protein if still training regularly.

You'll probably want to use the TAG model: count 100% of carbs, 50% of protein as if it were carbs, and 10% of fat as if it were carbs. Other models seem to ignore the first 30g of protein, then half the rest, depending on whether it's taken with carbs, etc., but that seems overcomplicated, and that model seems to ignore fat too.

I don't understand what you mean ?

Mark_1

It all counts but no reason why you can’t have extra on training days to offset the extra exercise. Go with what your meter tells you.