Puddings?

marvinlzinn1

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Good ideas for most people, but to make it simple I learned to like flavor of things sour instead of sweet. Instead of continuing the sugar addiction almost everyone has, I just drank straight organic lemon juice for several months. Then I liked the flavor, and no longer tolerate anything too sweet, so I can easily avoid anything that has sugar added, nor anything that even looks like a desert. I just want to avoid dangerous temptations, as they always used to be.

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hartleys sugar free jelly with a little double cream on top. I’ve just found the double pack in b&m for 49p instead of 90p in Sainsbury’s. I eat it quite often so is a nice saving.

Also I indulge in some no added sugar truffles that I make myself with 100% cocoa montezuma’s dark chocolate only 8g carb per 100g. butter and double cream. Watch it though as it still packs a punch if you eat too much. Kcal per 100 is impressive which gives me a spike if I’m too greedy. ;)

endgame

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too enjoy asda sugar free jelly ( cost saving and good flavor over named brands) with double cream, Berry's if I have any around, I also make myself a Jaffa orange cheese cake which does not require any time in the oven, ( other desserts on the go :). ) even my two groan up kids enjoy a portion/slice and with some cream on top is really yummy, and only 8grams of carbs per slice without the cream, :) . I use both ditch the carbs and diet doctor web sites to find new recipe's, both dessert sections are very yummy but low carb and the recipe's are reasonable even for me, and the good thing is you can select how many portions you want to make/cook....regards.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Just bought an ice cream maker and have been making no-sugar, low carb ice cream. Absolutely brilliant and so many different flavours to experiment with. Drizzle a bit of 85% cocoa choc on top and is just amazing.

Reactions: Alison Campbell

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hartleys sugar free jelly with a little double cream on top. I’ve just found the double pack in b&m for 49p instead of 90p in Sainsbury’s. I eat it quite often so is a nice saving.

Also I indulge in some no added sugar truffles that I make myself with 100% cocoa montezuma’s dark chocolate only 8g carb per 100g. butter and double cream. Watch it though as it still packs a punch if you eat too much. Kcal per 100 is impressive which gives me a spike if I’m too greedy. ;)

I discovered Montezuma's "Absolute Dark" a few weeks ago. Really helps with cravings, plus I find that if I have that for a few days, Lindt 90% tastes far better when I have a piece of that.

Muller Light yoghurts I seem to be able to get away with (love Banana and Custard) but otherwise I go for either M&S's small pots of Greek Style yoghurt or Fage full fat Greek yoghurt.

Reactions: dbr10

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I discovered Montezuma's "Absolute Dark" a few weeks ago. Really helps with cravings, plus I find that if I have that for a few days, Lindt 90% tastes far better when I have a piece of that.

Muller Light yoghurts I seem to be able to get away with (love Banana and Custard) but otherwise I go for either M&S's small pots of Greek Style yoghurt or Fage full fat Greek yoghurt.
I always thought there was more sugar in the muller light yogurts than the full fat ones. I’ve also found the alpro yogurts pretty low carb. 2g per 100g and they are flavoured. Greek yogurt adds too many carbs for me in the morning. They even have an unsweetened alpro one now that is zero carbs but it needs a sprinkle of sweetener to zest it up if you can’t add fruit like me.

I just stick to the 100% cocoa now. It’s a bit more expensive but doesn’t have any effect on bloods if I eat it at the right time of the day. Had to stop eating it in the evening now.

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
I have bought Greek yoghurt ice lollies from sainsbury and asda (£2.20 at asda today ) they are 33 calories and 8g of carbs per lolly. They're not really sweet like most ice lollies and they're only small but if you just want a little something after dinner they hit the spot. They're called claudi and fin I think.