Pump and squash

Louise M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The misinformation out there about diabetes and misunderstanding of difference between Type1 and 2 .
Hi all , I'm on the minimed 640g since 16 Jan this year . As a rule my exercise amounted to walking. ( moderate ) so not a lot . I have never got on top of getting it right re temp basal rate so instead I'd take an apple with me going walking . However I have decided to take up squash with my son . I have looked up google and it's saying a 20 min match will possibly raise blood sugars . However , I'm just starting and it will be 49 min training session . What do I do re pump ? Do I leave it and watch it for next time ? Any squash players here ? Advice appreciated, thanks

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm not a squash player - only played once, I'm pretty sure it dropped by GB's and did not raise them. This of course assumes your BG's were not high before you started.

Reactions: Louise M

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I wasn't sure if this was going to be a food item or a new exercise! It obviously isn't either, and I'm afraid I can't help with your question, but I hope you get feedback soon.

D

Deleted Account

Have you taken a look at runsweet.com?
This site is dedicated to managing diabetes during various types of exercise and may give you some ideas.

Louise M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The misinformation out there about diabetes and misunderstanding of difference between Type1 and 2 .
Thanks folks , well I went before I saw replies . Turns out for me , it does reduce BG drastically . Got hypo , but lucozade with me so dealt with quickly . Will check out runsweet.com now