1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pump and swimming

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by Jess Alway, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Jess Alway

Jess Alway Type 1 · Member

If you have a waterproof pump where do you put it when swimming? I'm thinking of getting one, sorry for my ignorance

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. Danny Prince

Danny Prince Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You don't put it on, most the time it gets unhooked, Then you'd put the other cap thing you get on ( which stops any germs basically getting to your patch ) Then you'd just put it back on an hour later or however long you spend swimming

3. Jess Alway

Jess Alway Type 1 · Member

Oh right, it's just I have read that some people have waterproof ones and they actually keep it on, maybe they have a strap on their thigh or something ?

Signature:
    Twitter: @JessAlway

4. Engineer88

Engineer88 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

No the animas Vibe is water proof and there are many ways of keeping it in place. I dont swim so cant help too much. @Julie1471 @iHs @Riri @donnellysdogs anyone able to help? I think most if not all of you are pumping (sorry if I'm wrong!) I would prob go for a waist belt ist a small pump case on a velcro strap around your waist under your costume or on top maybe?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook