Pump Approved :))

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well home connected with the saline in not all that bad and a bag full of stuff including homework for Monday set change Friday watch this space :) got a black animas vibe

Awesome! I get hooked up with saline on 25th June, can't wait!!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Reactions: 4 people

iHs

If you get the Vibe, in order to see the carb eaten, bg levels, you will need to upload the pumps data to Diasend on the web. You can see the bolus amounts in the History menu on the pump itself but not the carb or bg level. Bit of a bind tbh and there's a lot of scrolling up and down on the Menu Home screen to get to what is wanted.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Exciting times hale I'm having a real bad day today and finding things a bit tough just need to keep telling myself this is going to make such a difference in the long run the Animas seems to be a popular choice right now although I have had issues trying to get supplies ordered it has taken 2 weeks to get my account with them set up eventually got things ordered was advised Friday delivery sat in all day no delivery phoned them late on to be advised that my order was stuck in the system and would now not be here until next Thursday not the best start to 4 years worth of dealings it may be a 1 off but watch this space and a bit of advice order your supplies in plenty of time

Good luck
Danae

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've found the Animas supplies and delivery to be excellent, after the initial setup. The initial setup is a joint responsibility of the hospital and Animas so I think in my case anyway they just didn't coordinate with each other.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The thing that the Animas Vibe conspicuously lacks compared to other pumps is a remote. Really you want a remote that is fully functional to do bolus doses using the various calculation wizards.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The thing that the Animas Vibe conspicuously lacks compared to other pumps is a remote. Really you want a remote that is fully functional to do bolus doses using the various calculation wizards.

A remote is something I'd just end up losing tbh! I'm not very organised lol

My main reason for wanting the animas is the option for CGM. Not something I want/can afford yet. And probably never full time! But I would consider it in the future

Reactions: 2 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Exciting times hale I'm having a real bad day today and finding things a bit tough just need to keep telling myself this is going to make such a difference in the long run the Animas seems to be a popular choice right now although I have had issues trying to get supplies ordered it has taken 2 weeks to get my account with them set up eventually got things ordered was advised Friday delivery sat in all day no delivery phoned them late on to be advised that my order was stuck in the system and would now not be here until next Thursday not the best start to 4 years worth of dealings it may be a 1 off but watch this space and a bit of advice order your supplies in plenty of time

Good luck
Danae

It's a shame you have had that issue but you're right, it'll all be worth it in the end!

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
6.3 this morning feel a bit better after sitting in th 11s and 12s all day yesterday so let's see what today brings

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
First Hba1c since attending carb counting course was 77 in January now 50 amazed at the difference I have never been below 70 since the new measurements came in buzzing doesn't quite cover the elation right now this diabetes thing is a roller coaster I was fed up with life on Sunday

Jambo Wiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today I went live with my Medtronic pump. Just waiting on my nurse phoning to check on me. Been quite level most of the afternoon although had a hypo at 4pm. When I was given my pump a week ago I got 1 years supplies with it so that is not a worry for me. Not sure how much sleep I will get tonight but hope it will be worth it in the end

Reactions: 6 people