Pump buddy required....

MrFoZzY1702

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello all....
My names Simon and I'm 28. I've had diabetes for 8 years now and on the 16th of January after having my big toe removed due to infection,I finally accepted I was a diabetic. So for the past 8 years my diabetese has been poorly controlled.
I have finally got my insulin pump set up properly, tomorrow I'm starting fasting.. This is so I can see if my background insulin needs changing, I'm after advice and a insulin pump buddy around my age. Male or female I do not mind.

Many thanks
Simon

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Simon and welcome.

Have a look at the following, it's explains how to do a basal test on a pump in different time frames throughout a 24 hour period:

http://www.salforddiabetescare.co.uk/index2.php?nav_id=1007

There are some pump users on the forum around your age, hopefully they'll reply soon and take up your offer. Best wishes.

MrFoZzY1702

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello noble, I have got my basal rate set on 6 4 hour time blocks which from tomorrow I will be doing my first fasting so I can see what to change. My mum helps me a lot, no disrespect to her but I want someone where we can help each other and to meet new people who are around my age and have problems...

Cassandra13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey!

I just recently started on an Omnipod about 2 weeks ago and I am still figuring this out too. Everyday seems very different so I am just trying to be patient and figure out trends the best I can. I am 29 and was diagnosed 9 years ago.... I definitely understand how hard it is to adjust and accept the diagnosis when I went 20 years of my life not even knowing really what Type 1 diabetes was. But now I am ready to take control back and hoping the pump will be the tool to help me do that. Id be more than happy to swap stories and share any experiences/insight that I have as I work to figure out the pump.

Reactions: 4 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey :) Where do you live? They are several groups on facebook for type1. One of them is dedicated for pump users and they meet up in London every couple of weeks

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hello noble, I have got my basal rate set on 6 4 hour time blocks which from tomorrow I will be doing my first fasting so I can see what to change. My mum helps me a lot, no disrespect to her but I want someone where we can help each other and to meet new people who are around my age and have problems...

Well you've come to the right place Simon, there's some very knowledgeable pump users on the forum who are only too happy to help.