Pump causing Repetitive Strain Injury

lindaburner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've developed repetitive strain injury in both hands due to the Medtronic 640G clip & the constant clipping & unclipping. I'm using a pouch I made to try & combat the strain on my hands.
Has anyone else come across this?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry to hear that and as my pump is bluetooth controlled I do not need to constantly clip and un clip it but I did find some very useful pump pouches from Amazon and others. There's even bra and pants that can accommodate them -it is a growth industry! Is that a lamb you are hugging btw?

Reactions: Antje77

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @lindaburner I use a pump but have it tucked into a pump belt around my waist, so no clipping/unclipping, and quick and easy to access, but haven't come across anyone with a repetitive strain injury from this, hopefully your new pouch will alleviate this.

lindaburner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry to hear that and as my pump is bluetooth controlled I do not need to constantly clip and un clip it but I did find some very useful pump pouches from Amazon and others. There's even bra and pants that can accommodate them -it is a growth industry! Is that a lamb you are hugging btw?

I've seen the pouches, but they are not cheap.
Yes, that's a baby lamb.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've developed repetitive strain injury in both hands due to the Medtronic 640G clip & the constant clipping & unclipping. I'm using a pouch I made to try & combat the strain on my hands.
Has anyone else come across this?
Hello, I must say that is one beautiful lamb, oh it's so fluffy. :arghh: I'm sorry to hear about your injury, do you have a bum bag at home? Something you can wear around your waist? I've seen some work out leggings with phone pockets, that would be a nice place to store a pump.