1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pump cost comparison for private funding

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by tim2000s, Jul 1, 2015.

1. maryhorn

maryhorn · Newbie

Could you send details please.
    My son wants the pump but hospital won’t give saying he’s doing ok without and will only give to children.

2. qvphil

qvphil · Newbie

Hi, I am an old pumper for 10-12 years, many years ago. I now live and work in Qatar. Insulin pumps are only available through the public sector healthcare here to locals. Prices to acquire and maintain a pump privately are prohibitively expensive.

If I source one privately abroad, and fund consumables, there is a very good pump clinic in the public sector healthcare here who will manage and monitor me, I did this previously with my MiniMed 508 before it gave up the ghost.

Can anyone please give me up to date contact information for John Hughes, from Advanced Therapeutics, who I have been in contact with previously regarding a Dana Diabecare R or RS pump and consumables?

Regards,

Phil

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook