Pump delivery help

Hello, I have just had a pump ordered the Medtronic 640 from my local hospital. I was told this would be delivered straight to myself along with a starter of supplies. Does anyone know the estimated delivery to receive this from Medtronic, it was ordered Thursday, so end of last week.

Thanks.

No I wasn’t given anything. I was just told they have ordered it, but wasn’t sure what the general delivery was. Or if any way of me tracking.

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
I usually get supplies within a week of ordering. Medtronic do a next day service if you phone them up and tell them you've totally run out. I got my pump handed over at the hospital though, so no idea on delivery for that.

You could phone Medtronic and ask as to the status of your order.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @chrisleonard23 Can you confirm if this is a new first pump order ?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
It’s unusual for a first timer to get a pump delivered to a home address as it should be given by the hospital when you get your training so perhaps just double check tomorrow with your DSN that this really is correct ?

Exciting times @chrisleonard23 so good luck with this and let us know how you get on ?

D

Deleted Account

It’s unusual for a first timer to get a pump delivered to a home address as it should be given by the hospital when you get your training
Really? My first pump was delivered to my home address. I thought that was normal but then I only have my own experience to base this on.
Luckily, I work from home so did not have a problem with delivery.

Medtronic use UPS for delivery of pump supplies. UPS send an email with delivery status, estimated delivery and a chance to change delivery address and date.

I don’t know about new pump deliveries but they are fast with supplies: I put my order in on Friday and it will be delivered tomorrow (Monday).

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
You should be able to call Medtronic, tell them who you are, and then they should be able to give you the tracking number for the shipment. They also might just track it themselves and can tell you where it’s at.