Pump funding for 1 year

ruby_jane26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So I’ve been awarded pump funding but on the letter it says for a year. Does this mean I’ll only have the pump for a year or is this how funding is usually given? Is this how they do the funding for people without a very strong case?

I’m sure it’s supposed to be for 4 years? I feel like we have worked so hard for a case (and I’m grateful they’ve said yes) but it kind of feels like the funding people have only half agreed.

D

Deleted Account

My funding was definitely for 4 years because the pump has a 4 year warranty.
On the grounds they have to buy the pump for you and can't get give to someone else after a year, I would grab it and let them try to take it away in 12 months.

Reactions: EllieM and porl69

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @ruby_jane26 I doubt there would be a plan to withdraw the pump after 1 year, as pumps are expensive kit it's pointless just handing them out for a year, they do however review your progress on an ongoing basis, in using the pump to ensure you're managing ok.

Reactions: ruby_jane26

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes its probably given, with a review after a year. As long as you are managing and coping better. They will continue funding.

Reactions: ruby_jane26

ruby_jane26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello @ruby_jane26 I doubt there would be a plan to withdraw the pump after 1 year, as pumps are expensive kit it's pointless just handing them out for a year, they do however review your progress on an ongoing basis, in using the pump to ensure you're managing ok.

Yeah I was so confused as I knew that people say funding is always 4 years long It makes sense that they do reviews after 1 year though!!