Pump! :L

My Sister got her pump easter this year. At first it was really good and Aimee did aswell, but as time went on Canular changes have been HARD :thumbdown: But Tonights canular change was the worst by far! Aimee Could not do it im 11 and i was sitting in my room crying My Mam and dad were trying to make aimee do it. My Dad said if she didd'nt do it in 5 mins she would have to go to hospital for docters help (the previous night she was ment to do it but my mam decided it could wait a night) Anyway my mam is rubbish at driving on fast roads aspecially how it was dark. Well finally Aimee did it !! :roll: But i hate the pump to be honest i liked her having the injections better :cry:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hello :)
Why doesn't Aimee like changing her cannula?
Do you know what the pump is and what the name of the cannula is?

cotty73

Dislikes
Manchester United FC
I am diabetic and have a 4 year old son - also diabetic, we both inject. I was very sad reading your post, talk to your mum and dad about how you feel, they may not realise how upset you are. I also have a young daughter and would hate for her to be upset about her big brother in this way.

darktower555

i am a diabetic and i am on the pump. the first few cannulas are hard, but i have got used to them after about half a year, just try to find something to make her forget she has diabetes overall for me thats my options

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
IlovemysisterAimee said:
Thankyou ^^ and i dont know the name off the punp/canular but i know it makes a loud kind of gun shot noice but not as loud as a real gun! :)

Then your parents and Aimee need to talk to her nurse so she can use a different cannula :)
There are ones that you just push in just like she would with her pen or syringe.
No noise and she can push it in at her own speed.
It's the noise that is scary to your sister not the cannula going in.
I hated that noise to so wont use that type of cannula. Problem solved :)

Today Aimee Has Just Got a new Inserted/ Canular its jsut one were you push it in the skin like an ingection and this morning she turned down 50 pound to do the loud onwe :crazy:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
IlovemysisterAimee said:
Today Aimee Has Just Got a new Inserted/ Canular its jsut one were you push it in the skin like an ingection and this morning she turned down 50 pound to do the loud onwe :crazy:

I don't blame her :lol:
Glad Aimee is a happy bunny now :)