Pumps and Belly's

niknak15

Hi ladies,

For anyone using a pump, where do you canulate? We will be thinking about our second child in the not to distant future but I injected when I was pregnant first time round.

Just wondering when you get bigger where do you canulate?

Thanks

Nikki

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Nikki,
I still put it in my tummy/hips but have swapped from using the Mio to the Silhouette ones which are angled so don't fall out so easily (this was advised by my DSN).
Hope that's helpful!
BW,
Jess

niknak15

Thanks for that,

I'm using accu check tender links, the needle part is 13 mm , first pregnancy my son was 10.1lbs and I had a constantly hard belly so just wondering, at the stage when your belly becomes harder, where to put it! I canulate my hips also.

Nikki

Pitsgate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey Nikki
I only used the areas above my bum and hips during pregnancy. And pre/post too. (After 20 years of needles to my stomach it became bit unusable and once it recovered, I found myself really unwilling to use it for needles anymore and then later neither for the infusion sets.)
Quick-set, 6mm cannula - changing every 3 days or so with fairly consistent rotation system. Never had issues with it being too slow for the insulin to start working, but may be different if used to the faster speeds other areas give. X