Pumps available in South Wales?

lgrenter

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sprouts, broccoli,racism,arguing
Hi all, I have been a type 1 since age 10 and am now 51. For all that time I have injected. Over the last couple of years I have used the libre freestyle which I have found to be amazing. It has shown that I am prone to the occasional low levels, something that I discussed with my diabetic nurse on the phone last august in the lockdown. Due to pandemic I have not had a proper appointment in almost 2 yrs (they used to be yearly). The nurse said I should look at pump therapy as going on my online libre readings she thought I would benefit. This is something I have put off a number of times due to not want a tube attached 24/7 and working as a teacher to very young children. Today I finally had an appointment given for outpatient clinic for next Tuesday. I am in the South Wales valleys under cwm taff health board. I wonder if anyone has any advice or info as to tubeless patch pumps that may be available under my hospital? The nurse said she would make sure it is brought up at my appointment but I want to know what I can ask for. I have looked online at both the omnipod dash and the medtrum a6. Any advice would be very helpful.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I was with Carmarthenshire hospital back in2010 and got a pump, they were streets ahead of the rest of the U.K..

Can’t offer advice on tubeless as the pumps stopped working in my skin in 2015 so had to go back to injections.

Hope you have got something sorted, but this response should bump up your post to get some others to answer.