Pumps fantastic!!

avi

Dislikes
people who act like they are the diabetic police!!!
Hi

Well just about had my pump for three weeks now, and the difference already is fantastic, no more night hypos, extreme difference when excersicing as well. Obviously still a lot of tweaking to do yet but so far so good and would recommend if your thinking of trying one to go for it. I certainly wouldn't go back to injections now.

Avi

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

I'm trying to get a pump at the mo' waiting to see my diabetes doc as he set some targets that i've now acheived so see where to go from there so hopefully soon!

Can i ask about the positive difference in exercise your experiencing as i find this is a big problem with me at the minute with MDI, constantly go low if i exert myself and i like to be active.

thanks

and glad it's working so well for you :)

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I have also been referred for a pump by my diabetic consultant, I have heard alot of good feedback about the pumps. What pump have you got?

I was shown a aviva combo by my diabetic nurse and another nurse told me about the medtronic veo pump thay suspends insulin if your sugar levels drop to low (the only one to do this) which sounds great because the reason i was referred was because of constant hypos.

Its great that you are getting on well with it, it must be great to not keep injecting god knows how many times a day.

Tracey167

ebony321

Dislikes
=
Tracey167 said:
Hi
I have also been referred for a pump by my diabetic consultant, I have heard alot of good feedback about the pumps. What pump have you got?

I was shown a aviva combo by my diabetic nurse and another nurse told me about the medtronic veo pump thay suspends insulin if your sugar levels drop to low (the only one to do this) which sounds great because the reason i was referred was because of constant hypos.

Its great that you are getting on well with it, it must be great to not keep injecting god knows how many times a day.

Tracey167

I've also looked at the veo pump because of that feature! which i think is especially good if your insulin sensitive or have frequent hypo's but hopefully the pump would improve your control and you wouldn't have so many but still a very clever feature!

I've looked at so many i'm not sure which i like best. they are so similar yet so different with benificial features in each!

I think i lean a little more towards the accu-chek combo because the blood meter is also blue tooth control to the pump so its sort of like a remote so if say if you were out at night or for a posh dinner you wouldnt even have to touch your pump just operate from the meter and your pump vibrates to let you know the insulin has been delivered!

Very awesome indeed! and i think it looks the prettiest too very sleek and black :)
but i guess it's all about taste and your individual needs

Hope you get one soon tracey!

Dustydazzler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sore feet, spiders, feeling hungry, night time hypos
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that I have just left the hospital fo the first time with my accu check combi full of insulin! I went live today at 1.30pm. I'm just so happy! It looks so swish and as already stated, the handset is great as you an tell it descretely what to do! I'm made up with it and I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be seeing positive changes to my glucose levels. I wanted a pump as I do shift work and work in different time zones so taking my basal insulin was difficult. My readings are generally higher than wanted and I ha my fair share of night hypos! This pump is my new best friend!! X

iHs

:D :D :D

I've now got my Combo too.

I picked my pump up at my hospital via the rep. I did extremely well and got 2 skins given me, 2 neoprene cases which are handy, a belt clip case and a load of Flexlink sets and the Link Assist. I even got 2 manuals, one of which is a training manual that guides you what to do picture by picture. I'm also going to receive a set of Rosemary Conley weighing scales foc.

i've just got to muck about now and play with the remote. It's a bit daunting so I'm going to use the training manual and 'watch with mother'. :lol:

The Flexlinks are definately a complete doddle to put in - absolutely painless. In a few weeks time a 6mm Flexlink will be available and a newer version of the Link Assist.

As you can probably guess, I'm very happy so am grabbing some coffee and then I am going toRun For The Hills

ebony321

Dislikes
iHs said:
:D :D :D

I've now got my Combo too.

I picked my pump up at my hospital via the rep. I did extremely well and got 2 skins given me, 2 neoprene cases which are handy, a belt clip case and a load of Flexlink sets and the Link Assist. I even got 2 manuals, one of which is a training manual that guides you what to do picture by picture. I'm also going to receive a set of Rosemary Conley weighing scales foc.

i've just got to muck about now and play with the remote. It's a bit daunting so I'm going to use the training manual and 'watch with mother'. :lol:

The Flexlinks are definately a complete doddle to put in - absolutely painless. In a few weeks time a 6mm Flexlink will be available and a newer version of the Link Assist.

As you can probably guess, I'm very happy so am grabbing some coffee and then I am going toRun For The Hills

Wow! you did do very very well :lol:

I assume thew link assist is the device to insert the canula? i can never remember if they have a formal name, like a lancet device i call a finger pricker :lol:

sounds great though and i can't wait to find out a set date to get one!!

avi

Dislikes
people who act like they are the diabetic police!!!
Hi everyone

My pump is an animas 2020, and in answer to the excercise question, I set a temporary basal an hour before I go out for a walk say reduced by about 70-80%, this will be different for everyone and also depends on type of excersise and time of day, just have to find out what suits you best.

avi

ebony321

Dislikes
avi said:
Hi everyone

My pump is an animas 2020, and in answer to the excercise question, I set a temporary basal an hour before I go out for a walk say reduced by about 70-80%, this will be different for everyone and also depends on type of excersise and time of day, just have to find out what suits you best.

avi

Oooh, i also read up on the animas 2020 and they looked very good 8)

i definately like the idea of different basal rates and never thought about reducing them to combat exercise :)

thanks!

poole2006

Dislikes
Blood sugar readings.
Hey everyone. I have the medtronic 510 pump. Quite old now but still going good. had it for 4 years now so its not as up to date anymore :(. Other than that, I would never consider going back to 6-7 injections a day. I love my pump and it looks very funky with my cover. Hope everyone has the opportunity for a pump, because they are trully fantastic :D

ebony321

Dislikes
Don't pumps get replaced every four years? so you should be due for a shiny new one?

The more people say their pumps are amazing the more i want one!!!

nikinrobbie

i am starting pump therapy for 3 days in july.they have said in the letter i need to get my fast acting insulin for the pump.not to take my insulin in the morning and not to drive.does this mean i will b starting the pump then.i have tried to fone my nurse to ask but she aint got back to me yet