Pyssilium

Lily1042

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where does anyone buy ground pyssilium and what do you pay? Seems expensive. Would just like to keep some in the store cupboard as an emergency in case I decide I need some bread substitute. I am doing very well so far without bread which has been a major food to drop for me. I am managing quite well lchf.

Any advice appreciated.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought mine from Amazon - I got coconut flour and soy flour too.
I make bread from time to time - the ongoing project notes are in my blog here in this forum.
It is very dense - If I don't get a really good foaming yeast to mix in the result is brick like, so be sure to prepare your yeast properly.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got mine from Amazon but don't remember the brand. Some brands can turn purple when cooked, they are still edible though.

I think it was called organic blonde psyllium husk.

Lily1042

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bought mine from Amazon - I got coconut flour and soy flour too.
I make bread from time to time - the ongoing project notes are in my blog here in this forum.
It is very dense - If I don't get a really good foaming yeast to mix in the result is brick like, so be sure to prepare your yeast properly.

If you still have the packet what is the sell by date please?

Lily1042

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got mine from Amazon but don't remember the brand. Some brands can turn purple when cooked, they are still edible though.

I think it was called organic blonde psyllium husk.

If you still have the packet what is the sell by date please? Just to get an idea. Thanks

TrevA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bought mine from Holland and Barrat. £15 for a 350g bag but it lasts for ages.