quality diet = quality life?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have realised that I am just so lucky to have always had to consider what I ate, and I have a BSc - which was a bit unexpected and arrived out of the blue.

I could - possibly, eat the small amount of carbs my situation allows on the Flour and Fructose diet, just counting carbs - but I feel ncredulous at the sparseness of nutrition, I think that my lunch had been organically produced eggs - boiled and chopped, grated red Leicester cheese with a creamy coleslaw of cabbage, onion and carrot, with a 7 leaf green salad, with an EV olive oil and white wine vinegar dressing, with finely sliced tomato and radishes, then freshly made coffee and cream with a couple of squares of high cocoa dark chocolate.

I forget what I had for dinner - but I am sure that I enjoyed it just as much - it might have involved fish, now I think about it.

If it is my fate to be diabetic and have to consider what I eat every day of my life, I do sometimes wonder at my good fortune and wonder if I should make some sort of pilgrimage or suchlike in order to give thanks for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Simon84

Lampman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There has to be an advantage to being diabetic, in my mind. If eating things I like is that advantage it will do for me! I have the good fortune to enjoy all of those things that we all know to be good.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I too enjoy the foods I eat on my low carb diet, and this means I can have a healthy and varied diet and keep my glucose levels down.

And diabetes certainly has the advantage that I can now insist on having the food that will keep me healthy! :D

Robbity