Hi
I looking about Quercus carbs
How many carbs it's has ?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quercus is a family of trees, not edible by humans as far as I know.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi
I mean fruit
911ca820044524cb417e3f706f21df63.jpg

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's an acorn. Acorns contain tannins that can cause upset stomachs. They are very bitter tasting. Personally I wouldn't eat them.

Edited to say that dogs, cattle and horses can get really ill eating them.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Acorns are edible if they are chopped, the brown skin taken off first, and the tannins leached out of them. That is best done using a gently running tap over a container in which the nuts are held in a mesh bag - a couple of layers of old net curtain used to work well.
Once the chopped acorns taste sweet they should be dried in a slow oven - low temperature, that is, spread on a baking sheet and turned over several times, then they can be stored or frozen. The chopped nuts can be prepared for use as a flour by using a coffee grinder or a Bamix accessory, and eaten as pancakes or in buns and cakes, but it is unlikely to be low carb as it caramelizes easily due to the sugars.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I read somewhere that this is used in Ayurvedic medicine as an astringent but as to its use for T2 or its carb value, sorry, I am at a loss.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
That's an acorn. Acorns contain tannins that can cause upset stomachs. They are very bitter tasting. Personally I wouldn't eat them.

Edited to say that dogs, cattle and horses can get really ill eating them.
Hey woman there are kinds of which are sweet
Dogs sometimes even eat bread and meat

Lol

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
acorns are 40.7 g of carb per 100. maybe if you can detox them they are rather high. hazel nuts are 17g. maybe a better option.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had to Google that Quercus name, it's just a Acorn which pigs like to have a munch on if I remember rightly from my younger years living in the UK.

Best of luck eating them as they were bitter as all sh*t from my attempts at trying them as a kid.

https://www.healthbenefitstimes.com/oak-nuts/
its why the new foresters put pigs out into the forest. the ponies would eat them and get sick. plus it was free food. they are eaten if processed usual in times of famine. which may be a warning. there according to the web are nicer tasting ones. the bit i found interesting and may be wise to remember if going foraging 95% are infested with insects. so extra protean. still not sure what you would want to eat them for.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
If I remember correctly they used to be collected and roasted during the last (two?) war(s) then ground up to make an imitation (ersatz) coffee.

Allegedly not a very good imitation

Edit: snap @Tipetoo .

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and strangely stopped when there was a choice. if i remember the germans added saw dust to there bread. would that be added fibre.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes - the ponies and other livestock would be rounded up and taken out of danger just before the acorns began to fall, and then pigs would be let loose to eat the acorns and other foods in the forest - if there were no storms to shake down the acorns they would be brought down with sticks on loops of rope thrown up into the branches - when you finished shaking the loop of rope was pulled out and put onto another stick to do the other side of the tree. Once the acorns were gone then the pigs were rounded up and taken away to become bacon, and the livestock released again.

D

Deleted member 308541

Once the acorns were gone then the pigs were rounded up and taken away to become bacon,
Pigs were good at sniffing out and eating Truffles as well, so the bacon would have been real tasty in the "olde" days.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
With all respect for us Muslims we do not eat pork

Our oak is very tasty and humid

Meals may vary for each one