CaptainS

Hello! At the start of the year I had my annual Hba1c test having had two Gestational Diabetes pregnancies which both involved Humilin I and Novorapid from week 8 of pregnancy with weekly increased doses. Anyway, hbA1c came back as 6.5%, right on the cusp, I wasn’t told that I was prediabetic, however was told to adjust my diet and come back in three months to try again. Three months has been and past and COVID has struck, so testing has been put on hold. I have lost a wee bit of weight, still more to go. I am LCHF’ing following a lot of research on these forums and hope that things go in my favour. But I have a question, I am testing myself regularly and using MySugr - is the aim of the game to have a straight line as much as possible? I believe that I probably have dawn phenomenon with morning fasting levels in the 7s and 8s at times, however as the day progresses I can get down to low 4s. How much variation through the day would be normal and should I be concerned with a variation from 4.4 to 8.4 in a day? Anyway, interested to hear any opinions! Thank you