1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Question .. dunno if it’s been asked before but here goes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ushthetaff, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Ushthetaff

Ushthetaff Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Ok just doing this cause I want to see whose like me ,
    Simple question
    Star Wars or Star Trek.

myself it’s Star Wars every time even put down Jedi as religion when I’ve been in hospital, asked why I said I have more chance of seeing Obi Wan Kenobi than God , ( sorry to all religious people reading this no disrespect inferred but it’s a personal thing)
    I sloped off technical college was an apprentice to go and watch the 3 Star Wars original films one after the other Awesome lol
    I’m even doing a few Star Wars cross stitch will post them on the what I’m doing during lockdown thread.
    May the force be with you !,

• Like Like x 1
  2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

3. wolfie11969

wolfie11969 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Star Wars but I do like Star Trek too but prefer the old movies compared to the spate of run off series there were. Didnt mind the new reboot Star Trek either

Saying Star Wars though the new three parter thats about I cant stand the girl who plays Rey. Voice is like nails on a blackboard to me. Cant beat the original trilogy (that shows my age I reckon)

4. Ushthetaff

I’m with you on the old ones , they have everything a good film needs good guy , bad guy with good not always winn8ng plus a few wee twist on the way, I’ve watched The Mandalorian and got to admit I really enjoyed it .

5. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Trekkie here, sorry. I've watched almost everything of SW, the original trilogy 6 times now or something. Never did start on the Mandalorian though, because I discovered I really didn't care about any of the characters...

Capt. Picard is a badass though. So yeah. And meeting Dr. Beverly Crusher was awesome. :) Sorry. I seem to be in the minority here, haha! FB_IMG_1593149107737.jpg

6. Ushthetaff

deffo no need to apologise for your preference , I had a mate in work who was a Trekkie and to be honest I loved it when I was young old Capt Kirk and Spock, I remember trying to do Spocks thing with his fingers never could manage it as a wean but can do it now 50 years on hmm am wondering if that’s called progress lol .
    Thanks for your post
    “ live long and prosper”

• Like Like x 1
  7. wolfie11969

Hubby found some of my dad's trekkie fan stuff when cleaning out a cupboard. I forgot I had them so might give them a go and see if I can find out some obscure facts about Trek that I didnt know before.

Even found an Enterprise shaped clock!

8. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Had to read that more than once :bag::bag:

Star Wars or Star Trek - Both

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Nobody wanted to take me to see the gold robot, the big monkey & the whistling dustbin when I was nine.
    So I went on a date with a friend of my older sister's.

There is some pretty good fight choreography in the prequals, but that's about it. Regarding the onward story, I haven't even seen the last one.

Rogue one. Was however, impressive.

My wife is more a next gen Trekkie..

• Hug Hug x 1
  10. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh, that was child abuse. ;)
    Glad you got there in the end.

At the moment I would say I am a Star Warsite, having just watched them all, in order, including Solo, Rogue One and The Mandalorian.

In the next week or two I intend to watch all the Star Trek films, in order. Particularly looking forward to Wrath of Khan :D

So I may transport into a Trekkie as I do so. Unlikely though. There is something less endearing about Star Trek, with its high moral tone of human ethical superiority and its lofty Prime Directive. Ironic, when you consider the culture that spawned it all...

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Jaylee

Staff Member

It was a great afternoon.. :)

Did you ever get an "annual" at chrismas??
    So by this time it becomes well established "little Jay likes spacemen."
    Christmas 1979 I unwrapped this... :cool: :nailbiting:

Lol, I can see the confusion regarding Star Wars & the bold yellow font...

image.jpeg

12. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

:D

All my annuals were Rupert the Bear.
    Still are, actually ;)

13. Jaylee

Staff Member

I think the previous year I got a Kenny Everett annual. But, don't have that anymore.. :(

Kids today don't know they are booooooooorn! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. wolfie11969

I dont have annuals, I do however have a die cast millenium falcon, an airfix millenium falcon and an original Wicket plush toy from Return of the Jedi. It's floating about somewhere in the grandkids bedroom as a cuddly toy (yes it's probably worth loads but they were meant to be played with)

15. Jaylee

Staff Member

Ah, the Ewoks... A lot more savage than portrayed? Whilst everybody across the galaxy was celibrating the defeat of the empire & the Skywalker/Solo "love triangle" thing was sorting it's self out.

Those little fury tree dwellers with a simpler agenda were just partying after a "hunt."
    Stormtroopers were on the buffet menu.. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook