Question

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi my name is kevin i have type one diabetes. Is it common to sweat alot with diabetes when working. Look forward to anyone's answer thanks

Have you tested your blood sugar when this happens? I know I get very hot & sweaty when my bg is low

Reactions: 2 people

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Kevin_squires_ being T1 always makes me more conscious of sweating. One of the main hypo signs for me is sweating this is obviously a problem when you're working and start to sweat especially if you start to feel a bit hungry as well.
Testing can prove really informative whilst having a sweating episode, over the years I've found that yes I do sweat if my sugars are going low I've also found that if my sugars are up in the teens I'll also sweat and have similar symptoms as like when I'm going low.
One thing I have noticed is a difference in how I sweat.
If my sugars are out of range, low or high, I feel sweaty but in a clammy all over way.
If I'm sweating because I'm working hard then I don't get the clammy feeling it's much more of an actual wet, dripping off nose and fingers sweat.
This is something I've discovered over many years, it's only a subtle difference but I have a feel for it.
If you're not sure then check your sugars and try to make a note of how you actually feel, how you are sweating and what your sugars are.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
agree with above posters ...........sweating is a early indicator of a possible hypo -- always take time to test if feeling this .

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I have hot flushes when my blood sugar goes low into hypo-land. Apart from that my sweating is normal.