Question

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got a meter, so do I need testing fluid first before I start testing or can I just start testing without using the testing fluid

You can just start testing. The fluids are for testing the performance of the meter if you think it’s malfunctioning. Have only used those once in 3.5 years.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told the end of a film
First fasting test this morning was 8.4. Anyone know of a good simple chart to see where I am on it. Also just started taking meds, how will that effect the rest of the testing ?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First fasting test this morning was 8.4. Anyone know of a good simple chart to see where I am on it. Also just started taking meds, how will that effect the rest of the testing ?
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/fasting-plasma-glucose-test.html Will tell you more. There’s lots more info on this site beyond the forums. Click home in the top right hand corner and explore. But be aware that the fasting reading is often the last one to come under control even if the rest of the day gets there more quickly. Make sure you test before and after meals to see what causes higher levels so you can make the changes you need to.

What meds? Different ones have different actions. It will effect the results to some extend or other not the actual testing

Could you try going to your profile and updating which type you are and adding which medication you are on. It makes it much easier to give appropriate replies