Question

kevkave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been try cutting down on carbs. Third week in an wake up and testing .15 my meals been with in 2 .they go down to 10s or 11 at bed time there was 1 day last week it went down to 7 before bed then wake up to 15s again when will these figures come down. Am on two gliclazide at breakfast and two at tea .

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What are you eating and drinking, and when?

kevkave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some cheese or meat at breakfast. Bacon n eggs at dinner. Veg n chicken or salad with meat or fish. ive looked at low carbs meals .it's the early morning 15 these increase two 17 with then drop before tea then drop to 11 at bed times .decaf with cream at breakfast to more in the day

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 ideas
1. Shorten your eating window, e.g only eat between say 12 and 6 pm. Same amount of food as now, just over 2 meals rather than 3.
2. Implement some exercise after each meal, walk for 20-30 minutes or do something more strenuous if you can.

The aim is to give your body more time to burn what you've put into it before you put more in again.

Trouble with bg is there's so many variables that can affect it. If you are wanting quick results you Implement both ideas at once but then you won't know which is having the best effecf

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It might be best to check - I found that by eating at 12 hour intervals my blood glucose was kept at the lowest numbers.
I was more insulin resistant in the mornings so I ate only a small amount of carbs at breakfast and the rest in the evening. It seems to work well for me, but some people are more resistant in the evenings, and some seem equally disposed towards insulin all day.