Sarbak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
All of the other things
I was brought up in "Baff.."
Ahhh a stone's throw away and what a beautiful place to be brought up. So much less chavvy than Brizzle lol

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahhh a stone's throw away and what a beautiful place to be brought up. So much less chavvy than Brizzle lol

I've done a lot of gigs in Brizzle. :) I value the celibration of life in your city over the protecting & development of noise abated properties owned by out of town "developers" in mine.... ;)

Reactions: Sarbak

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was first diagnosed I was feeling very much like I had been hit by a Truck!
I had ridiculously high sugars, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and whatever I read about tackling either of the three, they seemed to contradict each other. Add to that a diagnosing GP telling me about the NHS Eatwell plate and it was so overwhelming, coming hot on the heels of the death of my mother.

My cousin put me initially into the GI index as a starting point and then through this forum I found LHCF. Diagnosing GP was horrified, told me I was wasting my money using a Libre sensor to monitor my BG and all this despite starting to get control of my numbers!!!

I recently had some random nutritionist reach out to me via LinkedIn so I posed a few questions about LCHF (her reaction: “eh?”) and decided not to take things any further!!!

I think anything anyone does to take some kind of ownership of finding out what works for them and then tweaking from there has to be the way to go.

All the best with your journey - think you are on the right path!

Reactions: Sarbak