Questions regarding restrictions of insulin "diabulimia"

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was wondering about this, I sent her a PM too, but she kind of disappeared. Not sure if I frightened her away :eek:
LOL, you big bully, hopefully she has given up the idea of not having injections and making herself sick,
they don't like it when the estragon kicks in and they start laying down girl fat :) ....teens are under a lot of pressure since the 60-70's, I'll be glad when a bit of meat on the bones come back into fashion :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
LOL, you big bully, hopefully she has given up the idea of not having injections and making herself sick,
they don't like it when the estragon kicks in and they start laying down girl fat :) ....teens are under a lot of pressure since the 60-70's, I'll be glad when a bit of meat on the bones come back into fashion :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape
Agreed, I remember that stage. I think as a society we certainly over-value body appearance and it doesn't help young ones already struggling to deal with body changes...or us big kids who never quite came to terms with it anyway. If you're there @Activeyoungwoman do let us know how you're doing. Don't think we're nagging you, we just care that you're ok.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgive me for saying so but for someone whose obviously intelligent and educated, what you are contemplating is very stupid course of action indeed.

Eat the right things, lower your insulin to match your reduced carb intake and continue exercising and you will lose the weight anyway, if indeed you have weight to lose.

Why risk damaging yourself just for a faster solution. Quick is not always best.

You say that this is a one off, that you will be able to control it and not suffer from a long term eating disorder. How do you know? Having done so once, whose to say that you will not do so again next time you deem yourself not thin enough.

I can understand that finding yourself heavier than you would wish is not pleasant but frankly your health is more important than your looks.

Just be a little patient.

If you are determined to go down this path you will have to do so on your own.

I seriously doubt that a single member of this forum is qualified, far less willing to assist you in you folly.

I am sorry if I am being harsh but I really feel that you need to be brought to your senses.

Don't do something now that you will have a whole life to regret later.

Wishing you the best

Pavlos

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You say that this is a one off, that you will be able to control it and not suffer from a long term eating disorder. How do you know? Having done so once, whose to say that you will not do so again next time you deem yourself not thin enough.
That's the point exactly, there's a fairly clear thinking pattern that's behind eating disorders and, I don't know if you're that type, but unless you address those issues, you're very much at risk of never thinking your thin enough, good enough etc. I know, I've been there...in fact, I'm still there trying to fight my way out of it!

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just add to what everyone has said so far...
You said in your last post ( and I'm paraphrasing here because I can't copy and paste at the moment) that you felt fine on high blood sugars and felt that your body could cope for a short while.

Going back to your initial post you said how Ill you felt ? You will feel like this again, and furthermore you would find it hard to gain control of your glucose levels once more. You have done fantastically well so far, do you really want to enter in to the cycle of feeling ****, losing weight, struggling to get your glucose levels under control, putting on weight and doing the whole thing again ? Because that is what will happen.

Plus.

Though you may function at high BG levels, the damage it does is silent. You won't feel it happen, you won't notice any immediate change, but it is happening. Further down the road it will make itself known. It's just not worth it to deal with what is ( as others have said ) a temporary weight gain.

The good news is that if you change your diet reducing the carbs and thus the insulin needed, you will lose weight at a steady rate without letting your BG go out of control. You have been given a shed load of advice and resources, and there are many people who are more than happy to advise and support you, including other Type 1's who have been in the position you are in now..

Signy

Reactions: 4 people
C

catherinecherub

I was wondering about this, I sent her a PM too, but she kind of disappeared. Not sure if I frightened her away :eek:
I think a poster has to make 5 posts before they can avail themselves of the PM system.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes