Quick question about type 1/insulin users and liver/hypos et

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone, i've done low carb before but only in my honeymoon period where i was taken off insulin completely. Sadly my honeymoon has come to an end now (i consider 3 years a good run with 2 pregnancies :lol: )
My question is, i know with a good carb intake, if we were to have a night time hypo, our liver should kick out some glucose to wake us up or get us out of the hypo. But what i'm wondering is, if we have low carb will our livers still do this? I'm worried about going LC for this reason, paranoid about night time hypos as i have 2 children and obviously worried i won't wake up or something.

Sorry if its a dumb question, i really appreciate your time and responses :)

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Re: Quick question about type 1/insulin users and liver/hypo

In short, I think so yes. I don't eat the typical carbs (bread, pasta etc), but need 4u of Novorapid for every meal no matter what I eat. Presumably because that's how much glucose my liver is producing.

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Thanks Sam, i'm on day one and feeling good lol! Hoping to keep this up :)

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Try your best to keep it up as it really works. Took me a while to get into it. My hba1c dropped into the 6s and I've not had a high sugar reading for over a week now, which was unheard of when I was in carbs.