R-Ala Supplement & Diagnosis Update

He_Who_Is_T

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone,

Someone recommended this supplement in my first thread and I was wondering if anyone else had tried it and if it had any positive/ negative effects.

I'm currently awaiting blood test results on Tuesday. Cut massively down on carbs this week but really struggling with meal options. I'm a bit of a fussy eater so I'm not finding many alternatives to my diet. Got some low carb bread but not had any bread this week. Had a 100g of potatoes for this first time this week. Blood sugar tests have been lower but still high. Going back to the gym in the morning for first time in a year. Long term I think I'll struggle without carbs I think I'll just need to cut down and be more aware of my eating. At the minute I just feel a bit like I'm doomed because of my lifestyle and eating habits. A diabetic friend told me today until he changed his job and got more sleep at night his blood sugars were always high. I currently sleep about 4hrs a night/day.

Hoping with a change in diet and medication I'll still be able to eat/drink somethings I enjoy.

Thought I'd miss bread more. Starting to hate bacon God help me