Type 2 Raisins

Altaf_7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had two small chocolates and raisins and cashews and almonds in the afternoon and around 30 minutes post the meal my blood sugar was 133 ... is it okay if my blood sugar rises after 1 hr of meal how much should it be immidetly after eating and two hours after eating

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It would be wise to avoid dried fruits like raisins as they are high in carbohydrates (for raisins 80g of carbs per 100g weight).

The way I test is before the first bite of food then two hours after the first bite of food. The difference between the two readings should be no more than 2mmol preferably less than that. Testing at the 30 minute mark is useful only if you wish to plot your rise and fall in blood glucose until it falls to base levels (i.e testing every 30 mins).

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blood glucose will rise after eating, but to keep my readings normal I do not eat sugars from highly dense carb foods.
The chocolate I eat is over 80 percent cocoa, and I limit the amount. I would not eat dried fruits, and the fruit I do eat is chosen to be low carb.