Rant

leadingjo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
diabetes
I loved my contour usb but now can't use it as the strips can't be prescribed. I use the memory on my meter to get my reading but on new meter I keep deleting them! I do hope bayer will reduce the test strips cost so I can use it again

adnil

I loved my contour usb but now can't use it as the strips can't be prescribed. I use the memory on my meter to get my reading but on new meter I keep deleting them! I do hope bayer will reduce the test strips cost so I can use it again
I love my contour USB as well however I went to my diabetic nurse today (in Scotland) to be told that the NHS will no longer let me have them on prescription because a) I am not on insulin b) I am no longer on Gliclazide so I am no longer prone to hypos!! I have lost 2 stone in under a year and 7" off my waist, coming off Gliclazide and using a combination of the 5:2 diet and low carbs. This has been sheer hard work and determination and using my blood monitor to check my BS levels. I feel I am being penalised by the NHS because I am managing my diabetes so well, if I can,t check my levels I don,t know hOw that will affect me :-( for future management.