Rashes when injecting.

ausasha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Hi.

Hope everyone is doing well on here.

Recently, I have been put on the Basal Bolus insulin, then 2 weeks ago I found out that I may possibly be allergic to Insulin, which will be investigated as I have tried 4 different types of insulin. My type is unknown and I have been placed under type 2, but not actually type 2. I have also tried Gliclazyde and Metformin, which both did not work. They found that insulin works better and I agree.

However, I get about 2 cm long rashes everytime I inject and being a petite person I don't have much options other than my stomach and my legs. My arms don't have enough fat either. I have been prescribed 180 mg of Fexofenadine of which I am allowed to take up to 4 times a day for the itchiness, not the pain, or lumps/rashes I get.

I would like to know if there is any cream I can apply to reduce the pain, redness and the lumps.

Hope everyone's evening is going well. Thanks in advance!

:)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not sure about which cream might be suitable for the rash but have your diabetes team tried you on animal insulin's? Some people are allergic to synthetic (human) and analogue insulins and find they tolerate animal insulin better.