Type 2 Ratty

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
Sub 5 for me is when I get Hangry and can feel a sensation in my mouth ( not sure why)

Got home from shopping yesterday and was 3.6
The last hour of shopping was a bit emotional given the hunger had kicked in and I hate shopping at the best of times.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Nope. I get ratty when they go higher than usual.

grante

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am begining to see trends that i get irritable when my bloods go to 5 or below and i am unsure what to do ?
am thoughts ?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If you have just started getting readings in the 5s, then Your body is still adjusting to the different level of glucose levels. It will go away if you persevere.

If you need to, just have a very small low carb meal just to nudge it up.
Have some cheese or full fat to make sure you digest slowly and keep hunger pangs away.

Reactions: grante

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'm just permanently ratty, well according to my grandson any way.:)

Reactions: grante

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd been ratty for years, and am much better since I got my BG down. I did have one occasion early one where I got ratty while trying to find something for lunch. It was a combination of BG getting lower, and no low carb options in any of the many food outlets in the shopping centre where we were. Not had it again since, and am now more chilled about adapting non low carb options, for example getting a burger and eating it without the bread.

Robbieswan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I sympathise. My family have now taken my short temperedness as a sign that I need something... food, Insulin or even a glass of water.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched “That Sugar Film” on Amazon Prime video the other day. He way saying that he was getting mood swings from feeling hyperactive after eating sugar to feeling ratty after blood glucose dropped a couple of hours later. The explanation for feeling ratty was that the body produces adrenaline hormones when glucose lowers which is nature’sway to stimulate you get the next sugar fix. Over time the cravings for carbs should subside. At the end of the film he was saying that he was getting severe withdrawal symptoms from coming off sugar, but after a few weeks he was feeling much better and had more energy and better concentration.