Raw Puer Tea

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Latest effective glucose lowering raw puer tea.
https://world.tmall.com/item/527695271240.htm?id=527695271240

At around $20/200g, it is a mid-range tea.
9pm 10.2 mmol
10:30pm 5.8 mmol
12am 4.6 mmol.

13668966_10154406893934445_6770788348946952241_n.jpg

13654130_10154407104274445_983344191910173430_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NurseDee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use Matcha raw organic pure green tea....but i have to use it sparingly as my levels were going too low with it. Initially i bought it for the 'free radicals' purpose but found it dipped my blood levels too.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

Rui_A

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Very interesting topic and very dear to my heart as I have been diagnosed pre-diabetic. The doctor's recommendation at this stage is to loose weight.

Since I have been drinking sheng (or raw pu'er) for the past 3 years or so it made this topic even more useful to me hopefully.

It appears that many of the tea cakes mentioned previously are of the purple leaf type of pu'er which contain a higher level of anthocyanins from what I have read elsewhere.

Does anyone know if this type of leaf is more effective in diabetes management when compared to the usual green leaf pu'er? Does anyone know if any literature where I could read about this topic?

Many thanks.

Rui

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone know if this type of leaf is more effective in diabetes management when compared to the usual green leaf pu'er? Does anyone know if any literature where I could read about this topic?

Not that I am aware of. There has been little interest in researching puer tea outside of China. I did come across a couple of papers by Taiwanese researchers, but they were largely done on mice, not men.

Reactions: Rui_A

Rui_A

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Not that I am aware of. There has been little interest in researching puer tea outside of China. I did come across a couple of papers by Taiwanese researchers, but they were largely done on mice, not men.

Thank you very much for the info. I have a couple of purple leaf tea cakes at home and I'll have a go at them, let's see what happens in few months.

Reactions: kokhongw

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Both fig leaves and olive leaves tea are also beneficial to diabetics.

Yes there's many chinese herbs that are used for controlling glucose as well. Mulberry leaves, hawthorne, tartary buckwheat etc. All have varying level of success. But the key idea is still to reduce carbs intake to allow our pancreas/liver to rest and heal.

Reactions: Rui_A