Re-applying for Driving Licence

Roach70

My driving licence, which I held for 40 years, was revoked by the DVLA in January due to not 'meeting the current visual field standards'. I had extensive laser treatment in both eyes due to diabetic retinopathy about 10 years ago. Since then regular eye examinations have identified no further deterioration to the eyes and I successfully continued to drive, renewing my licence every 3 years.
My DVLA field vision test last December at Specsavers prompted the revoking of my licence.
I undertook another Specsavers test which revealed an Esterman Binocular failure rate of 13 misses out of 120. When I sent these results to the DVLA they did not change their decision.
Can anyone advise about how I could get my licence back. I've heard that there is a special driving test you can apply for where the examiner looks at your driving style and ability to react to road and traffic conditions/events etc.
Also, is it the case that if your Easterman Binocular 'miss' rate is less than 20% this is ok for DVLA purposes?