Re Bbc 1 The Truth About Carbs June 6th 8pm

Southport GP

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
RE BBC 1 The Truth About Carbs Now on i player
I was nervous about this but I hope you agree the good folk of Kirby did us proud -amazing results in just weeks and some clear messages. Kirby is one of the most disadvantaged areas in Merseyside The idea is that its not just posh London folks who can succeed with our approach.
- if you look carefully you will see I am quite emotional at the end when the results are read out.
Cheers
@lowcarbGP

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
RE BBC 1 The Truth About Carbs Now on i player
I was nervous about this but I hope you agree the good folk of Kirby did us proud -amazing results in just weeks and some clear messages. Kirby is one of the most disadvantaged areas in Merseyside The idea is that its not just posh London folks who can succeed with our approach.
- if you look carefully you will see I am quite emotional at the end when the results are read out.
Cheers
@lowcarbGP

Thanks for coming and saying this. There are some ongoing threads about the programme you may be interested in reading.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/the-truth-about-carbs.149769/

Reactions: dbr10

Element137

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thought it was a well balanced program - I really wish you success convincing other GP's of the effectiveness of LC lifestyle - your efforts and championing of the approach are greatly appreciated - it feels like there is growing recognition in the media, and thankfully, this program was one of the better informed ones.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant program, thank you so much for helping low carb eating get into main stream. As you can see from my signature it has worked wonders for me. My GP doesn’t actively promote it (yet!) but is happy for me to carry on as it works :happy:

Reactions: dbr10

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was sceptical about the program before I saw your involvement with it, but it came across very well and explained the basics for people outside of our low carbing community, loved the sugarcubes for carbs, now to get my parents to watch it to explain how and why my diet works

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Well, the programme has piqued the interest of my non-diabetic colleagues and at least one has watched it on iPlayer, and they are very keen on trying it out for themselves!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Drs Unwin I think that you have certainly shaken up a few people with the sugar cubes in a baked potato. As I'm sure you are aware all the "nutritionists" and "dieticians" are in a right old tizzy about it for which you should be thanked profusely. Maybe they too will wake up and smell the coffee that what they were taught may not be 100% correct (although reading some of the feedback maybe not!).

Reactions: zand