Re: Metformin and Blood pressure medication

G

geronimo

If I am taking Ramipril, Amlodipine, Atenolol and Aspirin should I be prescribed Metformin ?

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are not doctors so can only give our opinion. You need to give more information before anyone can give an opinion.

hallii

Well, I am not a doctor, but I have been taking the same meds and Metformin for 6 years with no probs. I have not had any side effects or interaction between the drugs. In fact I take two others as well, Bisoprolol and Simvastatin. That's seven pills by my count, plus Vitamin B complex and Chromium.

H

sdgray22

Dislikes
Loud Music, Confrontations, blood and gore on the TV
ask your doctor but I was told that blood pressure drugs and metformin do not interact by the chemist I get my tablets from. You have to believe someone sometime.

C

catherinecherub

geronimo said:
If I am taking Ramipril, Amlodipine, Atenolol and Aspirin should I be prescribed Metformin ?

Hi geronimo,

It is a bit difficult to understand your query as others have said.

Are you asking if Metformin is a standard treatment for Type2 diabetics?

Do you want to know if now that you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure should you also be prescribed Metformin?
or

Do you need it for it's heart protecting properties?

If you elaborate then we will try and help you.

Take care.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
HI. I'm prescribed Metformin and Ramipril so they are OK together. I'm not aware of any issues with aspirin and Met. Can't comment on the other druga but check with your pharmacist if in any doubt.