Reached My Goal

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
Well I am delighted to say since going on a LCHF lifestyle I have lost 60Lbs I was 16 Stone 3Lbs I am today 11 Stone 13 Lbs and my blood glucose is now averaging between 4.5 to 6 whereas it was in the high teens when I started I am now happy with my weight and my Doctor is happy with my bloods so what I need advice about now is how to maintain my weight my daily carb target was 30 to 50 I have now altered this to 50 to 100 is this wise? What do I do to put the brake on any further weight loss or increase? I don’t want to sacrifice the reduction on my blood sugar! So any advice would be most welcome. Thanks

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news, well done. :)

If you increase your carbs you must test religiously and frequently or you may find your BS levels increasing.

I was in the same position as you 2 years ago. I just kept losing and went below my target weight. I had no intention of increasing my carbs. The only alternative is to increase calories from fats and protein. Many foods contain both. It took me a while to get the right balance, but I got there in the end and have maintained my new weight and kept control of my BS levels for the last couple of years. I added cheese to my diet for the first time, and added at least one extra egg a day, if not 2 extra ones. I upped my butter and mayo a bit, and went back to my old habit of a small glass of red in the evenings.

Reactions: 5 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great reductions @Viv0147!:) Well done! Your avatar shows the results too. Whether you should continue with weight loss might depend on your BMI and height/waist ratio.
If those are within good levels you should stabilise. Personally I would want to make further reductions. I got down to a healthy BMI and stopped losing weight, putting a few pounds back on. I would have liked to get down to a good height/waist ratio. Your waist measurement (measured at the level of your navel, not your trouser size) should be no more than half the measurement of your height. My waist measurement is half an inch more than it should be. I should have continued the more stringent eating until I achieved that. It seems to be more difficult to restart the weight loss now.
So if you haven't got that height/waist ratio you might want to think about continuing your carb intake level until you do get there.

Reactions: 6 people

PoppyPetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on the fantastic weight loss. It's a great inspiration to me and everyone else on the forum who are trying to do the same

Reactions: 3 people

engie1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done! I'm at the start (again!) of my weight loss journey and newly diagnosed with T2D. I'm following LCHF. If you have any hints, tips and advice is welcome it - I've made a good start but sustaining lost weight and carrying on after a setback has never been my strong point.

Reactions: 2 people