1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Reactions to diagnosis.

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by Richard670402, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Richard670402

Richard670402 · Newbie

I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes in August 2018, I managed to change my diet and retrained my mind to eat healthy.

In the last 3-4 weeks I’ve started to slip back into my old ways. Has anyone tried hypnosis? Did/Does it work?

2. Mike D

Mike D Type 2 · Expert

Impossible to say ..... works for some, not all

3. Diawara

Diawara Type 2 · Well-Known Member

only if you want it to................

• Like Like x 1
  4. Charis1213

Charis1213 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think you have the power to do it yourself , just think how important your health is and how getting diabetes under control will make you feel better .

• Like Like x 1
  5. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Few questions; what do you consider "eat healthy"? As that concept may vary from person to person, and what is healthy for the average Joe, decidedly isn't for a T2. What are your stumbling blocks? Do you miss certain foods, or are there situations that are hard? (Little time to eat due to work or travel etc).

Hypnotism didn't do anything for me considering another issue. But maybe tackling other stuff so a diet becomes sustainable will help you?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

The last 3 or 4 weeks? Could it have been Christmas that started you off on a slide? One festive treat leading to another and another until you couldn't stop?

Can you tell us what you call a healthy diet? What were you eating until a few weeks ago, and what are you eating now?

7. Providence 62

Providence 62 LADA · Well-Known Member

We all fall off the wagon sometimes. You have made a great start though. I think @Bluetit1802 above may have a point, everyone (even the most strong minded) goes a bit crazy around Christmas. Have a look at the great advice on this forum and you will be back on course before you know it. Are you testing your blood?

• Like Like x 1
  8. rhubarb73

rhubarb73 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

do you test your blood before and after meals? it's a good discipline to educate you how your body reacts to food. Hypnosis is about conditioning your mind to alter its motivations. Blood testing has a similar effect - like the flash in the rear view mirror when you go through a speed camera.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook