Reactions to diagnosis.

Richard670402

I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes in August 2018, I managed to change my diet and retrained my mind to eat healthy.

In the last 3-4 weeks I’ve started to slip back into my old ways. Has anyone tried hypnosis? Did/Does it work?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Impossible to say ..... works for some, not all

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you have the power to do it yourself , just think how important your health is and how getting diabetes under control will make you feel better .

Reactions: Alison Campbell

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes in August 2018, I managed to change my diet and retrained my mind to eat healthy.

In the last 3-4 weeks I’ve started to slip back into my old ways. Has anyone tried hypnosis? Did/Does it work?
Few questions; what do you consider "eat healthy"? As that concept may vary from person to person, and what is healthy for the average Joe, decidedly isn't for a T2. What are your stumbling blocks? Do you miss certain foods, or are there situations that are hard? (Little time to eat due to work or travel etc).

Hypnotism didn't do anything for me considering another issue. But maybe tackling other stuff so a diet becomes sustainable will help you?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The last 3 or 4 weeks? Could it have been Christmas that started you off on a slide? One festive treat leading to another and another until you couldn't stop?

Can you tell us what you call a healthy diet? What were you eating until a few weeks ago, and what are you eating now?

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
We all fall off the wagon sometimes. You have made a great start though. I think @Bluetit1802 above may have a point, everyone (even the most strong minded) goes a bit crazy around Christmas. Have a look at the great advice on this forum and you will be back on course before you know it. Are you testing your blood?

Reactions: Bluetit1802

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
do you test your blood before and after meals? it's a good discipline to educate you how your body reacts to food. Hypnosis is about conditioning your mind to alter its motivations. Blood testing has a similar effect - like the flash in the rear view mirror when you go through a speed camera.

Reactions: Alison Campbell