Reactions to nuts

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm not giving up nuts. I found out a couple of days ago that LIDL are now selling pistachios, salted and unsalted, cheaper than anywhere else. I've been eating a 250 gm bag of the unsalted ones almost every day. And a 150 gm bag of the salted pistachios with a couple of glasses of red wine at the weekend.
I love pistachios! :)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I eat 7 different types of nuts everyday. I know the amount I eat doesn't spike my sugars too high but keeps them at say the mid 5's for longer (increasing my HbA1c number). I have begun to cut back especially with my after dinner amount.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I admit I don't eat handfuls at any one time. That would lead to another handful, then another but I do pick at them all day long. At the end of the day I'm sure I've had a handful, or more

Something about pumpkin seeds when I can fall asleep. A big pinch of those with an ounce of chilled vodka and out go the lights. I think they're high in tryptophan. Whatever it is, it works.

My stash is always Macs, home roasted pumpkin seeds, pistachio, and pecan pieces on my melted cheeses. Great with Brie!! I'll eat a few Brazil nuts a week for the selenium but not my fav.

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I eat probably too many Pistachios - just bought a 250 g bag this afternoon and I think I may have already consumed half of the bag.

Reactions: Prem51

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I eat probably too many Pistachios - just bought a 250 g bag this afternoon and I think I may have already consumed half of the bag.
It's imparative I buy them in the shell!! Helps with portion control. I'm not a patient person so enough becomes enough.