Reality check: unintended weight loss, how much is worrysome?

legolgel

If I lost that kind of weight I would literally be dead. I'm just trying to keep tabs on my weight in case there are changes that should sound the alarm, but this episode makes me realise I don't know how much change is too much.

FWIW, I've been on a LC diet for 3 years now. I went very LC a few years ago when I was first diagnosed pre-D and it helped my sugars immensely, but that's been less and less effective over time (we keep upping the metformin but eventually that will max out I suppose). About a year ago now I increased from very LC to just LC because my regular bike commute was tiring me and I was too hungry. At the time that bit of carb increase (from <50 to ~75/day) seemed to help and not have ill effects on my sugars, but now I'm feeling hungry all the time again. HbA1c was still good 6 mo ago when I last had testing. Something weird is going on with my case, and I accept that--it just makes it hard to know when weird is just weird and when it's an actual problem.
There could be many things happening in the background...for a instance doctors should look other things not related to blood sugars, in my case found somebody who is testing everything on his hand to find from where is my problem coming...
A lot of doctors tend to forget that the endocrine system is not only one organ or two.... There are many factors to take in account in order to find the underline reason of such condition....
And remember that all sugars problems indicates a metabolic problem....not necessarily diabetes